In addition to buying Konjac foods in the super market or online, you can make them yourself in your home kitchen. Simply follow the below recipe:
- 2 teaspoon of glucomannan (contains 6 grams of soluble fiber.)
- 1/8 teaspoon of pickling lime(0.4gram) or 1 gram baking powder
- 2 cups of Cold Water
- Pour 2 cups of cold water into a large cooking pot. Stir in a 1/8 teaspoon of pickling lime or baking powder for one minutes. Add the 2 teaspoons of Konjac Glucomannan powder, stirring continuously until the liquid reaches a boil. Boil the mixture for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. The mixture will turn into a gel once the mixture cools down. Being a thermally stable (non-reversible) gel, this gel will not dissolve at room temperature. Once cool, cut the gel into small pieces or into your desired shape. When ready to serve, dip the cut Konjac food into a pot of warm water or steam for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then serve or continue to cook in any manner you like!
Tip: If pickling lime is hard to find, simply replace it with 1 gram of baking powder.
Making Konjac Noodles by Microwave
- 2 teaspoon Konjac fiber (about 6gram fiber);
- 0.4gram pickling lime (or 1 gram baking soda)
- 2 cups cold water
In a glass bowl combine the 2 cups of cold water along with the pickling lime or baking soda. Stir the mixture then slowly add the Konjac fiber. Continue to stir for two minutes then place in the microwave for approximately 20 minute. When the gel forms, remove from the microwave and allow the mixture to cool down on a baking sheet. Cut into pieces and serve according to your preferences.